Wednesday, April 7, 2010

3 or 4, for vacation.

Top 3 stories I'd Read on Vacation:

My top three stories would definitely vary on the location of this vaca.
Let's just say--- We're on the Coast of Ireland, looking over the glistening sea, staying in a thatched roof cottage for the week. In this case, as I sip a black tea, perhaps an Earl Grey (despite the English reference), I would probably find myself reading James Joyce, the Dubliners, specifically "The Dead."
I would also read WBY's "The Lake Isle of Innisfree." I know. It's poetry. But still my second choice.
I would then follow that remedy with Tolkien's The Hobbit, and imagine the Shire with my own little "hobbiton" as I sit on rocks and befriend The Secret of Roan Inish. :)

Of course, as that is a dream, my typical vaca reading this year would be:
1) Finish Dave Egger's "What is the What"
2) Read Pleysier's "Surviving the Blockade of Leningrad" and study for that exam
3) All three LOTR, in a row because Christian has been getting on to me about it.
and finally...
4) C.S. Lewis' "An Experiment in Criticism." A fourth, just because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment