Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An Online Journal: Some Food for Thought.

Okay, I'm just going to break this down with pros and cons reagarding the journals that Dr. Griffiths listed on her blog:


Crate:
:) -- Very Clean. Interesting entrance into the site. Interesting cover image. Extremely organized.

: ( -- Although it was pretty cool, it wasn't incredible. I didn't feel like it was one of the best out there. Could be a little more original.


BabelFruit:
:) -- Original. Interesting. Organized.

: ( -- Not as clean as I would have liked. I'm partial to a little more visual contrast.


Memorious:
:) -- Very Cool entrance. Loved the Art. Clean.

: ( -- Would have liked the "About Us" or something of that sort to be the opening page. I kinda felt like if I had stumbled upon this I wouldn't know what I was looking at. Could've used more contrast.


Black Warrior Review:
:) -- Very Cool cover image. Very Interesting. I liked the title definition on the front page. The Photography was great and fit the site perfectly.

: ( -- As I really liked the theme, it didn't exactly fit the title of the journal, and that threw me off a little.


Ninth Letter:

:D -- Enough Said.



My Ideas for Trillium:

*-I like the Entrance page. It's interesting and adds that "what's behind this cool looking door?" element.

*-I like color contrast. It's easier on the eyes.

*-I like cool art work, photography, or graphic designs. But not all three at once. One Theme and stick with it.

*-I like when the layout matches the title, if possible, and if necessary.
i.e. Here's the definition of Trillium according to Webster's dictionary:

1. Any of a genus (Trillium) of herbs of the lily family with an erect stem bearing a whorl of three leaves and a solitary typically spring-blooming flower.

So what if we stuck with a lily/flower/roots/tree/natural kind of theme?
Like__________
Trillium. The Roots of Piedmont College.

OR.
With the "Three" Theme. And whatever we do... do it all in threes.



Just some ideas........................ ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment