Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hopes for the Trillium 2010- perhaps.

My hopes for this year's journal.... let's see...

I believe that this journal is an expression of art, as it should be. But not the imitation of it; the true, living breathing, developing art that lives and walks among the rest of us that inhabit this earth. As there are many forms and levels of art, many variations could be acceptable for this journal... Though, I believe that we should set one standard of excellence to example and choose all pieces by this standard. I believe that many good and decent works of art will be submitted to us, and yet our selection should be slim. Quality is a better principle to adhere to rather than quantity, and I would like that to be displayed by this Trillium.
I would also like to see a group that can work and function together as a unit; perhaps not necessarily unanumous, but complementary. And that, for the most part, is what I would like to see in this year's, 2010, Piedmont College arts journal: Trillium. Adious.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent points. "Fewer, better" should be this year's motto.

    ReplyDelete